THE GRANT FARROW AWARD
The Dr. Grant Farrow Award is created by the Medico-Legal Society of Toronto in honour of Dr. Grant Farrow. The award recognizes a young or mid-career member of the Society for outstanding contributions to the Society, their profession or the community at large.
The Dr. Grant Farrow Award is awarded in honour of Dr. Farrow's contributions to the Society. Dr. Farrow was a long-standing member of the Society and renowned urological surgeon and teacher. He exemplified the best traditions of the Society including professional excellence, civility and collegiality between the medical and legal professions.
- The professional must be a member of the Medico-Legal Society and be in good standing for a minimum period of two years.
- The professional must be in their early or mid-career. It shall be in the discretion of the awards committee to decide whether a professional is mid-career, with this being loosely defined as the first half of the professional’s career. The understanding is that the MLST Award has been traditionally awarded to a senior professional, whereas the Dr. Grant Farrow Award will be awarded to a more junior professional.
- Nominations will be put forth by the members of the Society and must have a description of the contribution made by the nominee, which are in keeping with the Society's objective for the Award.
- Nominations for the Award should be received 6 months before the event, and voting completed 5 months before the event.
- An award committee consisting of 5 members of the council or the executive will convene and vote on the nominees put forward for the Award.
- The nominated recipient will be acknowledged and will receive the Award from the Society at the Society’s AGM, commencing in 2021.