JOIN THE SOCIETY: The Medico-Legal Society of Toronto was founded in 1950 by a group of doctors and lawyers to promote medical, legal and scientific knowledge, cooperation and understanding between the professions in the interest of justice and in the best interests of patients and clients.
In addition to other events, the Society holds dinner meetings each year and holds in-person and virtual meetings on a regular basis. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic, all meetings are currently virtual until further notice. Presentations on topics of interest include practical aspects of patient treatment and client representation and the policy issues of the day.
OTHER POPULAR EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Special programs on topics such as major legislative changes affecting the practice of medicine and/or law.
- Our annual meeting is a formal dinner with a guest speaker of interest to both members & their guests.
- We also publish revisions of the authoritative monograph "The Medico-Legal Report" at regular intervals.
WISH TO BECOME A MEMBER? Membership in the Society is open to application by members of the medical and legal professions as well as others involved in or interested in medicine, law, or science.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE:
- Leading-edge continuing legal and continuing medical education programs (course credits provided where available).
- Networking opportunities with both the medical and legal experts.
- Advance notice and discounted price for all programs, dinner meetings, and other events.